Thursday, April 14, 2011

Fat People are Human Too

This post at Shakesville has hit home and opened my eyes to twitter account #thingsfatpeoplearetold

I thought I was the only one. I thought I was the only overweight female that felt insulted by a health care professional.


When I was splayed out on the operating table for my csection with Eva, completely nude, after having 3 epidural attempts, just after the sheet had been drawn up, exposed to the whole theatre, the back up anesthetist turns to me and says...
"Are you planning on losing weight after this baby is born?"
"I actually lost wieght while I was pregnant?"
"But you're going to lose more right?"
"Yes, I'll try."
"You need too."

I wasn't already feeling horribly exposed... and frightened... and stressed. Thank-you for spoiling what should have been a serene and beautiful experience.

No comments: