Friday, July 29, 2011

The Annabel Challenge - (Rice Bubble) Chicken Nuggets

These are delicious! The chicken is so moist and tasty. I love them!
 Annabel Karmel's Krispie Chicken Nuggets

 

 
I used 300g of Free Range Chicken Breast and the marinade and coating quantities easily stretched the extra 100g.

 

 
I cut it into 17 nuggets but quite a few were bigger than the others (it's not easy cutting a chicken breast into identically sized chunks) so I could have gotten 20+ nuggets out of the 300g chicken breast.

 

 

 

 
I fried them for lunch as the kidlets were 'hun-gie' and then I was massively disappointed as they took one bite and hated them. Not even Eva would eat them. (Linc rathered the baby spinach!) The clove of garlic I put in the marinade WAS rather large, and I think that was an issue. They're not big garlic eaters. Maybe next time I'll use a bit of paprika and oven bake them.

 

 
Just a few tips:
  • When coating, use one hand for the wet ingredients and one for the dry. It stops your fingers from becoming all claggy.
  • Let them have a good cool down. The crumbs keep the heat in really well and they hold together a bit better once they have cooled off.
  • This would be great for chicken schnitzel marinade and coating.

No comments: