Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Christmas 2009

Ok so I'm slack.
I can't sleep because I'm hot and sick of not being able to find a position that's comfortable. Particularly because my belly keeps tensing in spasms. (But we'll get to that later.)
As I couldn't sleep I thought I'd finally put some updates on my blog.

I don't know whether to be disappointed or cheerful that I barely took any photos of the boys first Christmas. All I got was first thing christmas morning.

We had Baker Bob's Dad over from Tasmania as well as my family over for a late Christmas lunch and I just completely forgot about the camera. On Discovery Home and Health there's a show called, "Shalom in the Home" and one of the Rabbi's philosphies is once we start concentrating on preserving memories, instead of making them we are living in fear and that's no way to live. Which I think is very true, but I'm still disappointed. (I think the lack of photos had more to do with an aching back after preparing salad, meat and dessert for 15 people and dealing with an over tired Mans than enjoying the moment, but I'm sure in 10 years time I won't remember it that way.)

The boys got spoilt rotten with toys from everyone that my house looked like a bomb hit it for weeks afterwards while I tried to find a place to put everything. Baker Bob and I got them blocks and few small things (which took them a week after Christmas to open because a they were all presented out by the 27th and b they just kept eating the wrapping paper). Santa brought them bikes and a sack full of books and bath toys mostly.

My Dad followed up Christmas by having a minor heart attack on the 28th which was terrible but he's doing well now, (medicated) and it's just been bedlam every since.


Baker Bob putting the bikes together Christmas Eve

The presents under the tree.


Mans on his bikes


Linc on his bike


The boys going through their sacks. (Note this discarded bottle).

No comments: