Friday, May 11, 2012

Where's my Vegemite?

There's an article in the Herald Sun today regarding vegemite. Apparently the Wall Street Journal has claimed that there are fewer young Australian children eating vegemite.

Vegemite is a staple in this house. It's my go to spread of choice. The VIPs have a piece of toast EVERY morning with vegemite on it. So for me this seems totally out of left field. I don't see the harm of a scraping of vegemite  on toast.

But what do you think?
Does your family eat vegemite?
If you don't eat vegemite, why?

Could it be that as Australia becomes more and more multicultural vegemite is becoming an acquired taste? Forever the symbol of "white" Australia in the 50's but lacking a place on the palette today's Australian?

1 comment:

frockandrollonline.com said...

Whaaat? Really?! Wow. I *love* my vegemite!