Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Ups and Downs of a Bright Sunny Day

I had planned to take the kidlets to the indoor play centre today. The weather was supposed to be terrible and I'd found a different one in our area that I wanted to try out. The toddler area had it's own jumping castle, decent slide, ball pit and it looked pretty clean from the photos online.

But I woke up this morning and the sun was shining. Actually it wasn't just shining, it was beaming. Even better it had no heat to it. So I thought I can't waste this opportunity for them to get some fresh air and a decent intake of vitamin D. Win!

When I volunteered at the Million Paws Walk it was at a park that was a 5-10min drive from our place but I noticed that not only did it have a man made lake with ducks but it had what looked like a fabulous fenced playground.

We throw some warmish clothes on the kids, packed some day old bread into their bag and headed off to the new playground. They loved it and I have to say I was really impressed. Win!



One of the locals told me it was burnt down by vandals recently but they had rebuilt it. Honestly who burns down a children's play ground!



The equipment is suitable for so many age groups and is so big that there's always something for them to do.



There was even a slide that was small enough for Eva to go down by herself. Miss Independent was tickled pink by this and I think I spent about 10mins repetitively lifting her back up to the top of the slide.



She really got involved with the other kids after that, realising she was just one of the yelling, racing banshees hurdling themselves around the playground.



It did start to get pretty crowded though and some of the bigger kids were getting a bit carried away but generally they were aware of the littler kids, if not a bit impatient about it.



After the kidlets had just about worn themselves out, we went on the 5min walk to go see the ducks. I was a bit stressed as there was no barrier between us and the water but they were very well behaved and it wasn't nearly as muddy as I was predicting. Win!



I thought I'd give them a treat and bought mini chicken burgers for them for lunch but silly me forgot to order them without mayo. Fail!



Having had a massive day out, burning up all their energy, I thought the afternoon would be blissfully quiet as they had their naps. Once again life showed me nothing is predictable and the boys fought sleep until 15mins before the 'I give up, there's no point you sleeping now as you have to get up soon" time. (3pm). Fail!

After that war I realised that Baker Bob was making dinner tonight. Win!

What a lovely day spent together, enjoying the sun.

No comments: