Saturday, May 14, 2011

Last Night I Was Out After Dark

I was most unexpectantly surprised by a night out last night. (No one can accuse me of being a vampire. I'm only ever out of the house when it's daylight.)
It had apparently been organised since Mother's Day.
Persumably because I didn't really have a mother's day, whole other blog entry.

Baker Bob got home from work and asked me if the kid's could have an early, simple dinner and then he'd cook us a nice, late dinner. Great I thought. The boys hadn't slept for their nap and Eva has been a bit cranky so an early night for them was a good idea.

While the kids ate I chatted to Grandma, who was waiting to be picked up from work by Grandpa. (Or so I thought). Kid's in bed, Baker Bob leaves to pick up the ingredient's for our special dinner. 5 minutes later he returns with Grandma and Grandpa in tow. I still didn't twig until Grandma annouced "Now that your babysitters are here you guys can go."

In a daze of shock (It's not often people can get away with keeping a secret from me, especially Baker Bob), I was ushered out the door. I had no idea where we were going and when we were half way there I realised that my pants leg and shoulder had half eaten pear smudged into them. Score one for me!

We had dinner at the 'old faithful' Pancake Palour and then popped in to see the movie Source Code. Neither of us knew anything about the movie but I'd mentioned that I wanted to see it during the week because of it's great reviews. (Even the super critical reviewer at the Herald Sun gave it 4 and 1/2 stars!)

It really was an excellent movie. We got home a bit after 12am and we were both exhausted. We said cheerio to the babysitters and fell into bed. Spent and content!

Baker Bob's Super Ice-cream Soda

Thank-you Baker Bob, but you really didn't have to go to so much trouble.

No comments: