Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Saturday at Grandma and Grandpa's

This year it was arranged to spend Easter Saturday at Grandma and Grandpa's with all the aunts and uncles in attendance.

Grandma supplied tasty salad sandwiches and pears for lunch and Grandpa whipped up some yummy southern spiced chicken with sweet potato chips and veg for dinner.



And because Easter isn't full of enough sweet, sugary goodness I decided my contribution to lunch / dinner would be a dessert table. (Hence the baking on Good Friday).



The kids were spoilt regardless of the fact that I told all aunts and uncles not to buy them easter presents but they only ate one egg between them so there was no sugar high, thank goodness otherwise I probably would have had a melt down.


They love going to Grandma and Grandpa's place, but it was a long day for them, (and us) because they refused to have a nap for fear of missing out on any fun and were very cranky when we arrived back home at bedtime.

But it was a great day with lots of adult conversation and lots of people to watch the kids, so I had a bit of a relax. I think Grandma and Grandpa had a good time too!

No comments: