Saturday, February 26, 2011

Lemonade Scones

I have a confession to make.
I sometimes take shortcuts in the kitchen.
Well, when I say sometimes I actually mean, at every opportunity that I can.
Of course I still try to make things as nutritious as possible but if there's a shortcut to be had, I'm taking it.
(Plus I have a massive crush on Nigella Lawson and she's the shortcut queen)

In saying that today I made lemonade scones.



Easy, easy easy!
300ml Cream
300ml Lemonade
4 Cups Self-Raising Flour

Mix, Knead, Flatten, Cut, Bake!



There's a few secrets to getting them to come out light and fluffy though.
Do not over knead the mixture, you'll make it tough.
Put them close together on the baking tray as they'll help each other rise.

Serve warm with a swipe of butter, or cool with jam and cream

No comments: