Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Mona Lisa eat your heart out!

Next to our dining table we have this incredibly stylish and dramatically colourful wall of art.


Now while it might not be to everyone's taste, it certainly facilitates dinner time conversation. We've had many such conversations about the use of colour, shapes and abstract thought. However there is one such conversation I personally would like to blank from memory...

Did anyone notice in the above picture this particularly fantastic piece drawn by Mans?

 
When I hung this piece I had a boggling feeling that this person looked familiar. I only had to wait until dinner time for clarification. 

Mans: "Yes, it's you Mummy. Do you love it?... I drew your crazy hair and your big belly."

The child had the audacity to deliver that line with the biggest, proudest smile on his face, I didn't have the heart to tell him it was heading start for the shredder!

No comments: