Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Taboo Confession - #2

I can not boil an egg.
No matter what I do I never get the consistency right. If I try and hard boil it I end up with a runny mess. If I try and soft boil it I end up with an egg that is so over cooked the inner membrane won't come away.

I don't know what I do wrong. I've tried all the different recommended times. I've tried putting the eggs in and bringing them to boil with the water. I've tried lowing them into the boiling water. I've tried cold eggs and room temperture eggs.

This was my attempt yesterday when the boys asked me for "bread and eggs" for lunch. They were quite disgruntled when they couldn't "dip, dip" their bug bread  (Soy and linseed bread!) soldiers in the almost solid yolk and the rock hard egg white.

Does anyone have any foolproof tips?

No comments: