Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Days After

The 1st was my first exam in 8 years. I went in feeling really prepared. I sat outside mentally ticking through all my revision, occasionally flicking through the paper revision tucked in my bag, (as did everyone else waiting for the exam to open.) The revision had been recommended by my lecturer. I don't know why I thought her revision would be anymore effective than her course support, but I did.

And when I opened the exam paper and started reading I knew I'd put my faith in the wrong place. If I had the choice to answer all the essay questions I probably would have blitzed it. But I didn't and sadly I think I'm going to loose a lot of points on my short answer questions. That and my messy work.  Even when I make a consious effort, I can't seem to tidy it up. Now I'll just be happy if I pass.

That aside the next day, when I woke up I surveyed the bomb zone that once resembled my house and decided to ignore it for a little longer and concentrate on the kidlets. We sat on the loungeroom floor and just played for the majority of the day.




Then, on Saturday morning, we went off to the movies to see Kung Fu Panda 2. $5 tickets  - You can't go wrong.



Sunday was Father's Day, so we spent the afternoon at Grandma and Grandpa's.
Then, when Monday came, I tackled the excess housework.

No comments: