Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Night with Mr Bubble

Last night Baker Bob and I went out. Together. Without the children.
However there was no romance or smooching or deep and meaningful conversations.
We went to see Michael Buble in concert at Rod Lavera. So I sent most of the time making doe eyes at the stage, not Baker Bob. Poor neglected Baker Bob.

By the end of the night we were spent. I can't remember the last time I was out of the house after 10pm. (Edited to add I just remembered when it was, we went to the same place in September last year to see Metallica!) And then the West Gate Bridge was down to one lane, so at 11:40 on a Tuesday night the bridge was at a stand still. Took us an hour to get over the bridge.
That aside we started the night with a drink. My first alcohol drink since Jan 2008. Not that I've been counting or anything. I chose a Blue Lagoon daiquiri and it was served in this ultra cool light up glass.



Baker Bob also splashed out and bought me a program. I love to get programs from concerts I go to.
It's my thing.


Anyway our seats were 3 rows from the back but it was still a great view, and we got some decent photos with my out-of-date fujifilm camera. Some highlights for me were his cover of 'Billy Jean' and the accompanying Michael Jackson dance moves, crowd favourite 'Everything' and his new single 'Hollywood'. He even finished his encore by singing without a microphone. That was quite unexpected. He really is a brilliant performer, and I'm even positive Metal-mad Baker Bob enjoyed it. (He even said as much but don't tell anyone.)


It was great to get out and spend the night with Michael Buble. Oh yeah and Baker Bob.
(Thanks Mum, Dad and Bry for babysitting!) Herald Sun Review - Michael Buble 22nd Feb 2011

No comments: